« ZurückWeiter »
Giving Sight to the Blind.
Job xxxiii. H. Men, and if ani
Matt., AND when Jesus How the Darkness of sin
is difpelled, and the Soul two BLIND Men followed
is illuminated by Divine him, crying, and saying,
E upon 28. And when he was
wer, 27. come into the House, the say, I have sinned, and perverted blind Men came to him : that which was right, and it pro
fited me not ; and Jefus faith unto them, 28. He will deliver his Soul from BELIEVE ye that I am ABLE going into the Pit, and his Life
Thail see the LIGHT. to do this? They said unto
2 Sam. xxii. 29. For thou art my him, Yea, Lord.
LAMP, O Lord and the Lord will 29. Then touched he their LIGHTEN my DARKNESS. Eres, saying, According to
Pfal. xix. 8. The Statutes of the
Lord are right, rejoicing the Heart: your Faith, be it unto you. the Commandment of the Lord is
30. And their Eyes were pure, ENLIGHTNING the Eyes. OPENED, and fefis ftraitly
Ps. xii. 3. Consider and hear me, charged them, saying, See Eyes, lelt i sleep the Sleep of Death.
O Lord my God: Lighten mine that no Man know it.
PS. xxvii. i. The Lord is my 31. But they, when they Light, and my SALVATION,whom were departed, spread abroad fhall I fear? The Lord is the
Strength of my Life, of whom shall his Fame in all that Country. I be atraid?
PS cxix, 18. OPEN thou mine
EYES, that I may behold wondrous ************* Things out of thy Law.
Pf. cxii. 4. Únto the Upright
there ariseth Light in thc DAKKTwo blind Men heal
Ifai. ix. 2. The People that walk
ed'in DARKNESS, havcfcen a great ed at Jericho. Light : they that dwell in the
Land of the Shadow of Death, upon
them hath the Light Mined. Matt.
Luke i. 76. Thou shalt go before ND as they de
the Face of the Lord, to prepare his XX. 29.
parted from 7 Ways; richo, a great Multitude fol
77. To give KNOWLEDGE of lowed him.
Salvation unto his People, by the 30. And behold, two blind Remission of their Sins,
78. Through the tender Mercy of Men fitting by the Way-side, our God; whereby the DAY-SPRING when they heard that Jesus from on high hath vitited us. paffed by, cried out, saying, fit in Darkness, and in the Shadow Have
Have MERCY on us, O Lord, of DEATH, to guide our Feet into thou Son of David.
the Way of Peace.
John i. 6. There was a Man sent 31. And the Multitude re- from God, whose name was John. buked them, because they 7. The same came for a Witness, should hold their Peace : but to bear witness of the Light, that
all. Men through him might bethey CRIED the more, faying, Have Mercy on us, o 8. He was not that Light, but Lord, thou Son of David. was sent to bear witness of that
Light. 32. And Jesus stood ftill,
9. That was the true LIGHT, and called them, and said, which lightech every Man that comWhat will
ye that I shall do eth into the World! unto you?
Chap. iii. 19. And this is the Con
demnation, that Light is come into 33. They say unto him, the World, and Men loved DARKLord, that our EYES
their DEEDS were Evil. OPENED.
20. For every one that doth Evil, 34. So Jesus had Compas- hateth the Light, neither cometh fion on them, and TOUCHED to the LIGHT, left his Decds (hould their Eyes: and immediate
Ifai. Ix. 19. The Sun Thall be ly their Eyes received Sight, no more thy Light by Day, neiand they followed him. ther for Brightness shall the Moon
give Light unto thee : but the Lord
Thall be unto thee an everlasting * 1966
Light, and thy God thy GLORY.
2 Cor. iv. 3. But if our GOSPEL
be ħid, it is hid to them that are A blind Man healed 4. In whom the God of this
WORLD hath BLINDED the Minds
the Light of the GLORIOUS GOS-
God, should SHINE unto them.
See the References against Matt.
23. And he took the BLIND Man by the Hand, and led him out of the Town ; and when he had spit on his Eyes, and put his Hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
24. And he looked up, and said, I see Men as Trees, walking
25. After that, he put his Hands again upon his Eyes, and made him look up: and he was RESTORED, and saw every Man CLEARLY.
26. And he sent him away to his House, saying, Neither go into the Town, nor tell it to any in the Town,
One born blind is healed.
ND as Jesus passed by, he saw a Man which
was BLIND from his Birth. 2. And his Disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did fin, this Man, or his parents, that he was born Blind?
3. Jesus answered, Neither hath this Man finned, nor his Parents : but that the WORKS of God should be made MANIPEST in him.
4. I must work the Works of him that sent me, while it is Day: the Night cometh, when no Man can work.
5. As long as I am in the World, I am the Light of the World.
6. When he had thus spoken, he spat on the Ground, and made Clay of the Spittle, and he anointed the Eyes of the blind Man with the Clay,
7. And said unto him, Go wash in the Pool of Siloam (which is by Interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and wahhed, and came seeing.
8. The Neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him, that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged ?
9. Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.
10. Therefore said they unto him, How were thine Eyes opened ?
11. He answered and said, A Man that is called Jesus, made Clay, and anointed mine Eyes, and said unto me, Go unto the Pool of Siloam, and wash : And I went and washed, and I received SIGHT.
12. Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.
13. They brought to the Pharisees him that afore time
14. And it was the Sabbath Day when Jesus made the Clay, and opened his Eyes.
15. Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his Sight. He said unto them, He put Clay upon mine Eyes, and I washed, and do fee.
16. Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This Man is not of God, because he keepeth not the Sabbath Day. Others said, How can a Man that is a Sinner do such Mi
racles? And there was a Division among them.
17. They say unto the blind Man again, What fayft thou of him, that he hath opened thine Eyes? He said, He is a PROPHET.
18. But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been Blind, and received his Sight, until they called the Parents of him that had received his Sight.
19. And they asked them, saying, Is this your Son, who ye fay was born Blind? how then doth he now see?
20. His Parents answered them, and said, We know that this is our Son, and that he was born Blind :
21. But by what Means he now feeth, we know not; or who hath opened his Eyes, we know not : He is of Age ask him, he shall speak for himself.
22. These Words spake his Parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any Man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the Synagogue.
23. Therefore said his Parents, He is of Age, ask him.
24. Then again called they the Man that was Blind, and said unto him, Give God the Praise : we know that this Man is a Sinner.
25. He answered and said, Whether he be a Sinner, or no, I know not : one thing I know, that whereas I was BLIND, now I SEE.
26. Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? How opened he thine Eyes?
27. He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear : wherefore would ye hear it again? Will ye also be his Disciples ?
28. Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art bis Disciple; but we are Moses Disciples.
29. We know that God spake unto Moses : as for this Fellow, we know not from whence he is.
30. The Man answered and said unto them, Why, herein is a marvellous Thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath OPENED mine Eyes.
31. Now we know that God heareth not Sinners : but if any Man be a WORSHIPPER of God, and both his Will, him he HEARETH.
32. Since the World began was it not heard, that any Man opened the Eyes of one that was BORN BLIND.
33. If this Man were not of God, he could do NOTHING.
34. They 34. They answered and said unto him, Thou wat altogether born in Sins, and doft thou teach us? And they cast him out.
35. Jesus heard that they had cast him out: and when he had found him, he said unto him, Doft thou BELIEVE on the Son of God?
36. He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him ?
37. And Jesus said unto him, Thou haft both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
38. And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
39. And Fesus said, For JUDGMENT I am come into this World that they which SEE NOT, might see; and that they which see, might be made BLIND.
40. And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these Words, and said unto him, Are we blind also ?
41. Jesus said unto them, If ye were BLIND, ye should have no Sin : but now ye fay, We
your SIN remaineth.
ND it came to pass the Day after, that he vji. 11.
went into a City called Nain ; and many of his Disciples went with him, and much People *.
12. Now when he came nigh to the Gate of the City, behold, there was a DeAD MAN carried out, the only Son of his Mother, and she was a Widow : and much PEOPLE of the City was with her.
13. And when the Lord faw her, he had COMPASSION on her, and said unto her, Weep not.
14. And he came and touched the Bier, (and they that bare him stood fill) and he said, Young Man, I say unto thee, ARISE.
. See the References against John xi. 25. Page 147