« ZurückWeiter »
LARRART UT TIL
THE SUPREME COURT OF JUDICATURE
THE STATE OF NEW-YORK,
DURING THE TIME OF
THE NINTH VOLUME OF THESE REPORTS
JAMES KENT, Esq. Chief Justice.
MATTHIAS B. HILDRETH, Esq. who died 11th July, 1812.
DISTRICT OF NEW-YORK, ss. BE IT REMEMBERED, That on the sixth day of April, in the thirty-seventh year of the Independence of the United States of America, William JOHNSON, of the said district, haih deposited in this office the title of a book, the right whereof he claims as author, in the words following, to wit:
“Reports of Cases argued and determined in the Supreme Court of Judicature, and in the Court for the Trial of Impeachments and the Correction of Errors, in the State of New-York. By William Johnson, Coursellor at Law. Vol. IX."
In conformity to the act of Congress of the United States, entitled, “An Act for the encouragement of learning, by securing the copies of maps, charts and books, to the authors and proprietors of such copies, during the times therein mentioned ;' and also to an act, entitled, “ An Act supplementary to an aci, entitled, An Act for the encouragement of learning, by securing the copies of maps, charts and books, to the authors and proprietors of such copies, during the times therein mentioned, and extending the benefits thereof to the arts of designing, engraving and etching historical and other prints."
Clerk of the District of New York Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year eighteen hundred and fifty-eight
BY BANKS & BRETTERS, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the Southern District of New York,
NA MES OF THE CAS E$
REPORTED IN THE NINTH VOLUME.
The letter y. follows the name of the Plaintiff.
- 117 Andrews & Boerum v. Marine Insu-
366 - 354 Bowne and Seymour v..
• 221 - 182 Boyce, Stevens v. .
- 292 - 987 Bradhurst v. Columbian Insurance • 250 Company
9.17 - 365 Bradway v. Le Worthy
- 251 - 234 Brewster, Taft v. -
- 334 - 80 Brown and Hotchkiss y. Cook . 861
Brown v. Hinchman . - - 75 - 264 v. Smith
- 84 . 121 - Black v. .
- 264 - 828 Buel, Jackson, ex dem. Loux, v. - 298 - 294 — and others v. Street and others 443 - 264 Burnell y. Johnson - 66 Burnham, Platt v.
- 306 - 132 Burr, Jackson, ex dem Hall, v. - 104 - 159 Burtis and Woodward, Jackson, - 347 dem. Smith, v.
174 - 285 Byrnes, Croswell y.
Baker, Wetmore v.
Cardell v. Wilcox - - - 266 Clinton v. Strong - -
- 136 Codwise v. Field Carpenter v. Alexander - . 291 Coleman y. Southwick
- Hitchcock v. - - - 844 Columbian Insurance Company, Carter v. Jarvis -
Bradhurst v. Caulkins v. Harris
, Fontaine v. Chamberlain, Dunham v.
- 224 Collins and Mead, Midberry v. Chandler v. Edson
- 362 Cook, Brown and Hotchkiss v. Chatterton, Yeomans v.
• 295 Cooper v. Stower Cheevers, Greenby v.
• 126 Craig v. Ward Clarkson and others v. Phonix Ins. Crainer v. Van Alstyne
Company - - - - 1 Cranston v. Kenny's Executors Cleveland, Webb v. - - - 266 Croswell v. Byrnes -
9.17 - 29 - 945 - 361 - 331 - 197 - 386 - 212 - 297
Day, Ousterhout v.
De Long v. Stanton . - 89 = Jackson, ex dem. Stanton, y. 43