« ZurückWeiter »
Gall, James, haberdasher, Dundee.
Scarth, Pilans, and Co. merchants, Leith, and Jenkins, Peter, bookseller and stationer, Glasgow. Scarth, James, Maitland, Joseph, and Pillans, Jeffray, William, tea-merchant and accountant in Francis Scott, all merchants there, partners, as Glasgow.
individuals. Lancaster, Duncan, and Co. and Duncan, Archi Seymour, Francis, merchant, Glasgow, and ma
bald, and Co. merchants, in Glasgow, and of nager of the theatres of Ayr, Greenock, and Lancaster, Thomas, Duncan, Archibald, and Kilmarnock, and an individual partner of the Duncan, James, the partners of said firms, as firm of l'rancis Seymour and Co. theatrical individuals.
proprietors and managers, Glasgow.
and MacDowall, David, individual partner Ferry.
tle-dealers and graziers at Lochend, in the paMackay, James Duff, grain-dealer, merchant, and rish of South Knapdale, Argyleshire, under the
ship-owner, and also some time fish.curer and names of Campbell, John, and of Campbell, Ardealer in herrings, in Banff.
chibald, and of Campbell, Archibald, aforesaid,
Thom, John, mason, builder, and road contrac-
lately residing there, and formerly in Glenim. Perry, William, merchant in Glasgow.
Thomson, John, bookseller and stationer in EdinRussel, Robert, ironmonger and founder, Kirk. burgh. aldy.
Turner, James, lately innkeeper in Hamilton. Rankine, Charles, some time writer and mercan Waugh, John, miller and victual dealer, Redhall
tile agent in Glasgow, now mercantile agent in mills, near Edinburgh.
Weir, William, innkeeper, Broomielaw, Glasgow
BIRTHS, MARRIAGES, AND DEATHS.
Sept. 6. At Poonah, the lady of James Brydon,
18. At Bombay, the lady of the Hon. Sir James Dewar, of a son.
24. At Rome, the Marchioness of Northampton, of a daughter.
27. At Madras, the lady of Thomas Prendergast, Esq. of Hon. East India Company's Civil Service, of a daughter.
Oct. 8. _At Calcutta, the lady of C. Fleming Hunter, Esq. of a son.
14. At Calcutta, the lady of Capt. Allan Stewart, 3d Buffs, of a daughter.
Nov. 8. At Palaveram, Madras establishment, the lady of Major John Scott, 29th regiment of native infantry, of a daughter.
29. At Belize, Honduras, Mrs R. J. Andrew, of a son.
Dec. 17. At Ithaca, the lady of Major Parsons, of a daughter.
18. At Lisbon, Mrs Robert Munro, of a son.
Jan. 23, 1830. At Havre-de-Grace, the lady of Farquhar Jamieson, Esq. of a daughter.
30. At Forres, the lady of John Johnston, Esq. of a son.
Feb. 1. At Finlayston, Mrs Bontine of Ardoch, of a daughter.
- At Papple, Mrs Robert Walker, of a son.
3. At No. 17, Northumberland Street, Mrs Finlay, of a son.
5. At No. 5, East Claremont Street, Mrs Ro. bert Strachan, of a daughter.
6. At Hermitage Place, Leith, Mrs Harper, of a son.
At Ainslie Place, Mrs Snodgrass Buchanan of Cuninghamhead, of a daughter.
7. At Ravenscroft, near Irvine, Mrs Sillar, of
- At Netherdale, the lady of James Rose Innes, Esq. younger of Netherdale, of a daughter.
8. At Hartest Rectory, the wife of the Rev. James White, of a daughter.
9. At Early Bank Cottage, Mrs Colonel Farquhar, of a daughter.
- At No. 33, Howe Street, Mrs Robertson, of & son.
-The lady of Lieut. George Fraser, R.N. of his Majesty's ship Victory, of a son.
9. The lady of Dr Sutherland, of Parliament Street, London, of a son.
10. At No. 67, Great King Street, Mrs Lennox Blackie, of a daughter.
12. At No. 83, George Street, Mrs Espinasse, of a daughter.
– At No. 6, Broughton Place, Mrs Young, of a son.
13. At No. 40, Great King Street, Mrs R. A. Souter, of a son.
14. At Cockairny House, the lady of Lieut.-Colonel Sir Robert Mowbray, of a daughter.
At the Manse of Aberdour, Mrs Bryce, of a son.
15. At Glasgow, Mrs Honeyman, of a daugh. ter
16. At Boulogne-sur-Mer, the lady of Sir Alex. ander Ramsay of Balmain, Bart. of a daughter.
- At No. 51, 'Melville Street, Mrs Alexander Blair, of a daughter.
17. At No. 11, Archibald Place, Mrs Thomson,
18. At Kelso, Mrs W. B. Mason, of a son.
- At No. 70, Great King Street, Mrs John
22. Mrs Cook, Drummond Place, of a son.
- At No. 10, Fettes Row, Mrs Howden, of a son.
24. At Bishops Wearmouth, the lady of the Rev. Charles Grant, of a daughter.
At Moray Place, Mrs George Wauchope, of 25. At No. 39, London Street, Mrs Scott, of a son.
26. At No. 4, Scotland Street, Mrs MacAllan, of a daughter.
27. At Isauld, the lady of Captain Macdonald, R. N. of a daughter.
- At Sir John Hay's, Bart. Atholl Crescent, Mrs Fraser, Castle Fraser, of a daughter.
30. At Kingscote, Gloucestershire, the Right Hon. Lady Isabella Kingscote, of a son.
March i. At Jedburgh, Mrs Robertson, of a daughter.
3. the lady of Robert Warden, of Parkhill, Esq.
4. At No. 1, Hillside Crescent, Mrs Steuart, of
At Cambo House, the lady of Sir David
5. At No. 48, Northumberland Street, Mrs 10. At Shawfield, the lady of Major Middleton, Dalziel, of a daughter.
42d, or Royal Highlanders, of a son. - At No. 28, South Castle Street, Mrs Thom 11. At Regent's Terrace, Mrs Francis Grant, of son of Bonside, Linlithgowshire, of a son.
a son. - At Melville Street, the lady of James E. 12. At 4, St Vincent Street, the lady of FredeLeslie, Esq. of a son.
rick L. Roy, Esq. W.S. of a daughter. 6. At No. 4, Fyffe Place, Leith Walk, Mrs 13. At 12, Coates Crescent, the lady of Thomas Greig, of a son.
Murray Allan, Esq. of Hav'ring, of a daughter. 8. At No. 50, Northumberland Street, the lady 14. At 22, Fludyer Street, Westminster, the lady of Dr Fife, of a son.
of Henry Hyndman, Esq. of a son. 10. At No. 4, Charlotte Street, Mrs Gillon of 16. Mrs Mercer of Gorthy, of a daughter. Wallhouse, of a daughter.
At 9, Newington Place, Mrs H. Pillans, of a - At Auchter House, Forfarshire, the Right daughter. Hon. Lady Helen Wedderburn, of a daughter.
At 2, Forres Street, the lady of Alexander E. 11. At 14, Brighton Place, Portobello, the lady Menteath, Esq. advocate, of a daughter. of Major Hugh M Gregor, of a son.
- At 51, Frederick Street, Mrs Keith, of a son. - At Almond Hill, Mrs J. Dudgeon, of a son. 17. At 28, Queen Street, Mrs Borthwick, of a
12. At Greenlaw Manse, Berwickshire, Mrs daughter. Home, of a daughter.
At Balgarvie, the lady of Lieutenant-Colonel - At Clapham Common, the lady of Mark Webster, of a son. Sprott, Esq. of Riddell, Roxburgh, of a son. 18. At Oxford, Lady Carmichael Anstruther, of
13. At Littlewood Park, the Hon. Mrs Forbes of a daughter. Brux, of a son.
19. At Douglas, Isle of Man, Mrs Henchy, of a - At Possil, Mrs Colin Campbell, of a son. son.
16. At White House, the Lady Lucy Grant, of 20. At Minto Street, Mrs M'Candlish, of a a daughter.
daughter. 17. At 26, Abercromby Place, the lady of Alex 21. At 2, Glenfinlas Street, Mrs Bruce of Langander Duncan, Esq. of Canandaigua, state of New lee, of a son. York, of a son.
At Vuefield, near Selkirk, Mrs Robert Hen18. At Durrisdeer Manse, Mrs Wallace, of a son. derson, of a son. - At Caen, France, Mrs Somerville MacAlester, 22. The lady of R. Duke, Esq. of a son. junior, of a son.
23. At 21, Fludyer Street, Mrs Richardson, of - In Atholl Crescent, the Hon. Mrs Ramsay of à son. Barnten, of a still-born child.
25. At James' Square, Mrs Renton, of a daugh19. At 30, Great King Street, Mrs Heriot of ter. Ramornie, of a daughter.
The lady of Captain Archibald Trotter, Esq. At 38, Albany Street, Mrs W. Ferrier, of a younger of Dreghorn, of a daughter. daughter.
26. At 3, Glenfinlas Street, the lady of Charles At Glasgow, Mrs Steuart of Steuarthall, of Fergusson, Esq. younger of Kilkerran, advocate,
of a daughter. 20. At 25, Heriot Row, the lady of Erskine 27. At Frederick Street, Mrs Rymer, of a daughDouglas Sandford, Esq. of a daughter.
ter. At Kirkcudbright, the lady of Bryce John At 36, Gilmour Place, Mrs William Reid, of stone, Esq. of a son.
23. At 23, Walker Street, Mrs Davidson, of a - At Dalswinton, the lady of James Macalpine daughter, still born.
Leny, Esq. of Dalswinton, of a daughter. 24. At Rosemount, Leith, Mrs John Wood, of 28. At Heathbank, Cheshire, Mrs Aytoun, of a a daughter.
son. At Jessfield, North Leith, Mrs Dall, of a son. May 3. At 3, Roxburgh Terrace, Mrs Whyte, 26. At Kentish Town, the lady of Captain Bry of a daughter an Broughton, of a daughter.
- At 77, Rose Street, Mrs Menzies Bayne, of a - Mrs Eddington, West Maitland Street, of a daughter, being her one-and-twentieth child. daughter.
Lately, At Charlottenburgh, county of Glen28. At Edinburgh, Mrs Burn Murdoch of Gar: garry, Upper Canada, the wife of William Stewart, tincaber, of a son.
Esq. surgeon, of a daughter. 30. At Thankerton, the lady of Captain Colin At Dalchosnie, the lady of Lieut.-Colonel Campbell of Ardpatrick, R. N. of a daughter. M‘Donald, 92d Highlanders, of a son and heir.
31. At 18, Hart Street, Mrs Alexander M. At London, the Marchioness of London Neill, of a daughter.
derry, of a daughter.
At 17, Walker's Street, the lady of William Sept. 25, 1829. At Keitah, Lieut. John Halkett Clark, Esq. of Langhaugh, Lieut. R. N. of a son. Craigie, 20th native infantry, Bengal, to Caroline,
At Geneva, the Marchioness of Tweeddale, fourth daughter of Colonel Maxwell, C. B. comof a daughter.
manding in Bundlekund. - At 65, Laurieston Place, Mrs James Ritchie, Nov. 5. At Grenada, West Indies, Thomas of a son.
Spence, Esq. surgeon, to Harriet, daughter of the 2. At 25, York Place, Mrs J. F. Macfarlan, of a
late Robert Nicholson, Esq. daughter.
12. At Aisthorpe, D. C. Rait, Esq. Glasgow, to 3. At 23, Union Place, Mrs Alexander Douglas, Fanny, youngest daughter of John Milnes, Esq. of a daughter.
of Aisthorpe, Lincolnshire. 1. At Èskhill, Roslin, Mrs Merricks, of a son,
18. At Bombay, Archibald Spens, Esq. of the still-born,
Honourable East India Company's civil service, -- At Baberton House, the lady of Archibald
eldest son of Colonel Spens, Inveresk, to HenriChristie, Esq. of Baberton, of a son.
etta Ochterlony Valiant, eldest daughter of Colo- At 3, Lynedoch Place, the lady of Dr H, G. nel Valiant, 10th regiment of foot. Strachan, of a daughter.
Dec. 9. At Pictou,
Nova Scotia, Mr James Prim5. At Vellore, Mrs Pearson of Myrecairnie, of a
rose, merchant, fifth son of the Rev. John Primdaughter.
rose, Grange, N. B. to Ann, daughter of Mr John 7. At Edinburgh, the lady of William Ogilvie,
Gordon, merchant, Pictou. Esq. younger of Chesters, of a daughter.
25. At Devon, the Hon. Frederick John Shore, - At 124, George Street, Mrs Begbie, of a son.
second son of Lord Teignmouth, to Charlotte At Edinburgh, the lady of William Marshall, Mary, second daughter of the la
George CorEsq. proprietor of the Panorama, of twin sons. nish, Esq. of Salcombe Hill, Devon. 8. At Stoneridge, Mrs Hood, of a daughter.
At Gimmers Mills, Mr William Monro, He- At Milfield Hill, the lady of John Grey, Esq.
riot Bank, to Mary, eldest surviving daughter of of a daughter.
the late Alexander Maitland, Esq. of Gimmers 9. At Charleton, the lady of George Fullerton Mills. Carnegie, Esq. of Pittarrow, of a daughter.
Feb. 2, 1830. At London, Russell Elliot, Esq. 10. At Edinburgh, the Hon. Mrs Ferrier Hamil. commander, R. N. son of the late Sir Wm. Elliot ton, of a son.
of Stobs Castle, Roxburghshire, Bart. to Bethia,
eldest daughter of Dr William Ru scell, Portman 15. A t Glasgow, the Rev. David Fleming, of
Carriden, to Jane, only daughter of the late Wils
At Glasgowego, James Brand, Esq. merchant, daughter of Sir James Montgomery of Stanhope,
cond daughter of the late Mr Fraiter of Newstead.
to Miss Mary Turner.
late J. Feranside, Esq. London.
18. Åt Leith, Thomas Oliver, Esų. Lochend,
Richardson, Galashiels, to Elizabeth, only daugh-
of the late John Clark, Esq. of Auchenwrath.
- At Edinburgh, Mr Alexander Gowan, ac-
- At Jedburgh, Mr Walter Gray, merchant, to Esq. of Orchill, to Elizabeth Marjory, eldest
22. At 104, George Street, Mr Thomas Ireland, - At Fairlight Church, near Hastings, Sussex,
- At Edinburgh, John George Mactavish, Esq. Edward Morris, Esq. one of the Masters in the
- At Edinburgh, Mr James Gray, of the North
Lambeth, Surrey; and on the same day, in Lon-
At Aberdeen, Mr William Littlejohn, Town
53d regiment, eldest son of Lieut.-General Wid.
Cupar-Fife, to Anne Christian, daughter of the
chant, Edinburgh, to Elizabeth, only daughter of
Orr, manufacturer there.
April 2. At London, Peter F. Aiken. Esq. alvo-
of the Island of Antigua, to Anne Elizabeth Hart,
Mr Hamilton Watson, earthenware-manu-
facturer, Prestonpans, to Mary, daughter of John
Mrs Greenwood, widow of Mr Greenwood, an
8. At Tadcaster, John Davy, Esq. M.D. physi of the late John Wilson, Esq. of Transy, Fifeshire.
9. At George's Place, Leith Walk, John Shirley, of the most noble the Marquis of Thomond.
11: At 18, Atholl Crescent, Richard Dennistoun, cond daughter of Mr Thomas Al•Lachlan, Kirk,
At Lobersleben, in Şaxe Prussia, James